Page

Translate

Saturday 21 February 2015

Bimbo Akintola Explains Why She Has Stopped Wearing Revealing Clothes & Why She Doesn’t Bleach Her Skin

Veteran Nollywood actress, Bimbo Akintola has opened up on why she doesn’t expose her body anymore,and why she can’t bleach her skin. She also expressed her opinion on plastic surgery. Here’s what she told Punch:
bimbo akintola3
Why don’t you feature in epic movies?
I don’t act epic movies because I find the costumes annoying. I really don’t like exposing my body anymore. Before, I was into that kind of fashion but not anymore. I also feel that they do not do historical movies very well in Nigeria. If I must partake in any, the costume has to be right, the buildings have to be in line with the movie, and everything has to be right. In most movies, they just fabricate everything and that is not proper.
Why did you stop wearing revealing clothes?
I indulged in that when I was much younger. Now that I am older, I have decided to tone everything down. Nobody tells you to stop some things you do; you just do them.
Do you bleach your skin?
No, I don’t and I have never. I think there is a lot of focus on bleaching and it has not changed anything. I think we should focus on the reason people bleach their skin. People say women bleach but I have seen a lot of men that bleach their skin in Nigeria. The number of men bleaching their skin in Nigeria is very high. They do so because they do not believe that their natural complexion is good enough. They do not believe that black is beautiful and amazing. I think it is inferiority complex when you think that being white is better than what you are.
It is often said that men prefer ladies that are busty, how true is the claim?
It is not true. It was the case before but now, everybody wants to have big buttocks. It is all about the behind and that is what is in vogue now.
Since that is the in thing now, are you doing anything to make your buttocks bigger?
God forbid! I am okay with the way God created me. I believe I am perfect the way I am. I cannot do anything to my buttocks. I like the way it is.
 But what if you have the opportunity to go under the surgeon’s knife for free, wouldn’t you want to alter any part of your body?
I doubt there is anything that I would want to change in my body. I love my body the way it is.

0 My Comment:

Post a Comment